With Summer on the horizon the spring has brought one of my favorite times of the year! Rummage sale shopping is in full swing and they are only going to get better as the time moves on. Rummage sales often have lots of hidden treasures if you just take the time to look for them and spend your money wisely.
Here are a few Rummage Sale tips to help you save even more!!
- Buy only what you are going to use. If you spend $30 on a dresser you don’t have room for or don’t need you are just throwing away your money, so to speak.
- Rummage sales hold lots of bargains if you are frugal enough to look for them. Shop early in the morning to find the best deals, but if you can’t decide on something at that time, you can always go back.
- Carry cash and in a variety of bills, especially small bills because then you have what I like to call “bargaining” power. Bargaining is a great way to get items you want for a lower price than what it is marked at. If you don’t ask if they will take a lower price, you don’t know and every dollar you save will be your own.
- Rummage sales include bargains from antiques, clothing, furniture, kids’ toys, home appliances and almost everything in between. I bought a brand new stove for only $100 a few years ago and it is still going strong.
- Have a game plan before you head out. The night before we go rummage sale shopping, we plan our attack if you will. We start in our favorite neighborhoods and plan out our route for the day. This way we are conserving gas, as well as time, to get to the next sale. If you don’t know all of the streets grab the laptop, gps, or town map and you will quickly learn them.
- Watch for signs when you are traveling from rummage sale to rummage sale. There are lots of people who don’t pay for an ad and rely on the sign traffic to get their customers to their sale. You might find the perfect item at an unplanned stop.
So now that you have a few of my tips, I want to hear yours!! How else do you save money while shopping at garage sales?