Crock Pot Root Beer Chicken is one of those meals you can literally throw into the crock pot and walk away! This is one of our chicken recipes that is great for days you’ll be busy all day or working. Prepare it before you leave and when you get home, you’ll be met with an amazing smell wafting through your house and a cooked supper!
Crock Pot Root Beer Chicken Recipe
2 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 tbsp onion Powder
1 tbsp Garlic Powder
2 tsp Chili Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Pepper
1 cup Root Beer
1 cup Barbecue Sauce
Combine the dry ingredients and sprinkle mixture on each chicken breast. Place in crock pot.
Pour in Root Beer and barbecue sauce.
Cook on low heat setting for 6-8 hours.
Shred the chicken and return to sauce to cook for another 30 minutes.
Serve with chips, or other choice of side, for a complete and simple meal.
Print this recipe:
- 2 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 tbsp onion Powder
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- 1 cup Root Beer
- Combine dry ingredients and sprinkle mixture on each chicken breast and place in crock pot.
- Pour in Root Beer and barbecue sauce.
- Cook on low heat setting for 6-8 hours.
- Shred the chicken and return to sauce to cook for another 30 minutes.