Coconut oil can be used in so many ways. It has so many uses, there is no way I can list all of them. Coconut oil is all natural and organic! Plus, the best part is that it is so inexpensive! Coconut Oil can replace the array of creams, lotions, potions and cleaning products we use! This stuff is like a workhorse! Who would have thought?! Below, I will list a few of the most common uses for coconut oil, but there are hundreds more out there!
I think my favorite use for coconut oil is as a moisturizer. How often have you spent a small fortune for a new fangle moisturizing lotion only to be disappointed? Coconut oil is very inexpensive, and an awesome moisturizer for skin, hair and lips. It’s even great for pets with skin issues! From personal care, to cleaning, to health benefits – coconut oil is one of my favorites!
Thinking you can’t keep that many coconuts around? Well, you can actually buy coconut oil in jars and even buckets! Yep, it’s that popular! There are so many uses, you will find yourself slathering it up, moisturizing your hair, cleaning your cutting boards and leather and dousing your pets itchy skin Ok, so here we go…
12 Common Uses for Coconut Oil
1. Shaving Cream: Coconut oil makes a great shaving cream, leaving your skin nice and smooth!
2. Prevent stretch marks during pregnancy.
3. Get rid of cradle cap on baby. Massage into head, leave on for a few minutes and gently rinse with a warm wash cloth.
4. Leather Cleaner and Protector. Coconut oil is a great leather treating substance.
5. Wood Bowls and Boards: Coconut oil can serve as a great way to get tough stains and smells out of your favorite wood bowl and off your usual cutting board. To use just thorough rub into the wood and your woodware is fresh once again.
6. Impromptu Neosporin: Coconut oil can keep minor scrapes from developing into worse things, like infections. Just dab a little of it over any cut, scrape, or scratch and put a Band-Aid on top. As an added bonus it smells a lot better than anything you could pick up at the drugstore.
7. Cuticles: Use on cuticles to help nails grow.
8. Deodorant: Here’s something really unique you’d never expect out of coconut oil; it can also be used as deodorant! Who would’ve thought, huh?! In all seriousness, though, coconut oil is an extremely effective tool. Just massage it in and things will smell a lot less like a gym locker room on a bad Tuesday.
9. Moisturizer: While some of the moisturizers we buy at stores smell pretty good, some of us don’t want to pay the high prices for the expensive moisturizers. Coconut oil is relatively inexpensive and makes a nice natural moisturizer that you can use on anything from dry skin to chapped lips!
10. Pets: Use for external skin issues on pets. Small amounts given by mouth can keep their coats healthy and shiny.
11. Energy Supplement: Energy drinks lift us up, but they eventually bring us down even lower than when we started. Sometimes a real pick me up is needed to get us through our busy lives. Coconut oil has been proven to give men and women alike a nice burst of energy.
12. Athlete’s Foot Combatant: Coconut oil also works just as well at keeping Athlete’s Foot away as all the fancy foot creams on the market. Just massage onto the feet and you’ll be good for a while.