This Homemade Oatmeal Bath Bag recipe is full of soothing vanilla, oatmeal and cinnamon. It’s a wonderful treat while soaking in a tub. As the water runs through the bag, the fragrance of the vanilla and cinnamon release and the oatmeal turns the water into a silky bath.
The result is a wonderfully delicious scent filling the air and a tub of skin soothing water. This blend will relax and calm while nourishing your skin. Oats are associated with treating exhaustion, shingles, itching and is even said to help with menopausal symptoms. Vanilla is widely used in aromatherapy thanks to its relaxing effects. Cinnamon is said to be excellent for relieving headaches, relieves muscle spasms and rheumatic pain.
This Oatmeal Bath Bag Recipe makes an excellent gift or just a wonderful to treat to make for yourself after a long day!
Oatmeal Bath Bag Recipe with Vanilla Bean and Cinnamon
You Will Need:
10 inch circle of cotton cloth – muslin is ideal
1 and a half tablespoons fine oatmeal
1 vanilla bean
1 stick of cinnamon
1 elastic band
To Create the Bath Bag:
1. Place the oatmeal and cinnamon stick in the center of the cloth.
2. Split vanilla bean pod and scrape it out with the back of a knife or spoon.
3. Place split pod and beans in the center of the cloth with the oatmeal and cinnamon.
4. Gather the fabric around the ingredients and secure it the elastic band.
5. Tie a ribbon around the band.
6. Place the bag in the tub as you fill it with warm water.
7. Soak as the bag floats around while creating a relaxing bath.
*You can also use dried thyme and lavender in place of vanilla and oatmeal for an equally relaxing soak.