It’s almost time for the kiddos to head back to school and that means we are busy gathering school supplies. Why not add a little fun and whimsy to their school supplies? Today, we have a fun and super easy little craft to help them get prepared. A Bookworm Pencil Topper is sure to make them smile and they will love writing with their little bookworm friend!
These Bookworm Pencil Toppers are so easy, you might even want to do several in different colors. I guess I’m a big kid at heart because I even love having one on my pen!
Easy Bookworm Pencil Topper
Supplies you will need:
Craft Pom Pom
Pair of googly eyes
1. Start by cutting the pipe cleaner in half. The second half can be used for another bookworm pencil topper or you may discard.
2. Add a generous dab of glue to one end of the pipe cleaner.
3. Press a crafting pom pom to the glue and hold it in place until secure. This will be the head of your bookworm.
4. Glue your googly eyes to the pom pom. Your bookworm should now take shape.
5. Start wrapping the pipe cleaner around the pencil, pulling tightly as you go. The end result should look like a bookworm crawling up the pencil.