If you are in the market for a frugal fall craft, you will love this simple DIY candy corn container. Perfect for holding all of your Halloween treats, this candy corn container can be whipped up in just minutes! Take a look at how to get started crafting your own. This is a frugal fall craft for kids and adults alike!
I also love the fact that it is a way to recycle cans! Also, it needn’t be just for a fall craft! Get creative and match your decor. This is a simple craft that could be colored any way you like to hold such items as pencils, flowers, kitchen utensils, etc. Your imagination is the limit! So, check out below at how easy it is!
Easy Candy Corn Canister Frugal Fall Craft!
Supplies you will need:
Soup can (or other taller can)
Orange, yellow, and white craft paint
Tape (either painter tape or masking tape)
1. Begin by painting the entire can white. This will help create your first layer as well as prime the rest of the can.
2. Once the white is dry (and be sure it is completely dry) place a layer of tape about 2-3 inches down. Measure out another 2 inches or so, and place another strip of tape.
3. Fill in the space with your next layer of color. Take your orange craft paint and color on two coats. Allow for plenty of dry time. Remove the tape when dry.
4. You can now repeat the process to apply your final color of yellow. Place a piece of tape over your orange to protect it, then apply. Apply two coats.
5. Once the final coat is dry, go ahead and remove the tape. Your paint should look clean and not be running together.
You can apply a clear coat to protect the canister if you wish, or just leave it as is. It is now ready to be used, so fill it with straws as we did, or even candy if you wish. These would make great party favors and décor too!
Give this easy and super inexpensive candy corn canister craft a try. It is a great way to decorate for the fall season!