As a lover of essential oils, I’m always on the hunt for natural products that will leave my body and home smelling fabulous. There just isn’t anything better than the aroma’s while being able to leave behind the yucky ingredients found in mainstream products. This Mint Chocolate Whipped Body Butter Recipe is a great beauty product made from essential oils that I am absolutely in love with. When it’s applied to your skin it’s whipped properties are velvety smooth and the scent of Mint Chocolate envelops your senses.
Mint Chocolate Whipped Body Butter
1. Add coconut oil and cocoa butter to your mixing bowl.
2. You actually want the cocoa butter in a solid state for it to whip up nicely so I used a butter knife to get my cocoa butter into the mixing bowl.
3. Sprinkle 20-40 drops of Peppermint Essential oil into the mixing bowl
4. Mix it up. This works best if you have a stand mixer however a hand mixer will work as well, just a little more work. Mix on high for 1-2 minutes and then stop to scrape the sides of the bowl. Continue mixing in 1-2 minutes intervals until you have mixed for about 8-10 minutes and it’s nice and whipped.
5. If you like a firmer texture you can add 1-2 teaspoons of beeswax.
This body butter smells delicious and has a nice cooling texture. I use it everyday and it also works wonderful to help sore muscles due to the cooling effect from the peppermint oil. Use it to pamper yourself or it also makes a nice gift idea.