Are you a fan of sugar scrubs? I love sugar scrubs for their uplifting scents and the benefits for the skin of the scrub itself. Scrubs help exfoliate the skin and leave it smooth and soft, while the delicious smell uplifts your mood and senses! So, here’s the deal! Do you know that you don’t have to pay big dollars at your local body and bath shop to have these amazing scrubs? The secret is out! You can make them yourself for a little of nothing! Besides saving dollars making them yourself, they are amazingly easy to do and they only require a few common ingredients! Today, I wanted to show you how easy it is to make this Peppermint Sugar Scrub! For another amazing scent, check out this delicious smelling Lavender Sugar Hand Scrub recipe!
Peppermint is a smell that is uplifting and invigorating, while at the same time can be relaxing. For the skin, it has a cooling effect that is refreshing and invigorating. For the skin, it nourishes dull skin and can help improve it’s texture! Why not mix up a batch of this amazing Peppermint Sugar Scrub and pamper yourself?!
Peppermint Sugar Scrub with Coconut & Essential Oil
1-8oz mason jar for every batch you make
Microwave safe dish
1. Scoop 1 cup of sugar into a mixing bowl
2. Heat 2/3 cup coconut oil in microwave for 10 seconds, this will become very hot, very quick so be careful
3. Pour your coconut oil over your sugar
4. Add 4-5 drops peppermint oil
5. Add 1 drop of green food coloring
6. Mix well
7. Scoop into an 8 oz mason jar, tie a piece of hemp rope around the jar, and you’ve got yourself an easy DIY gift!
Now wasn’t that easy?!
*Will keep approximately a couple of months or more.
Want to try a full out spa treatment? Try these amazing Peppermint Shower Melts (homemade, of course) and indulge your senses! I promise you will love it!