It is no secret that I love sugar scrubs! They are wonderful for exfoliating the skin and keeping it smooth. One of my very favorites is this Lavender Sugar Hand Scrub! The smell is pure Heaven! I can get lost in the scent alone! Oh, and did I mention you can make it yourself for a little of nothing! Yep, no need to pay high dollars from a specialty shop when you can whip up your own in a matter of minutes. Along with the Peppermint Sugar Scrub (another favorite) I told you about the other day, these make perfect gifts as a treat for family and friends!
Lavender Sugar Hand Scrub
1 Cup white sugar
1/3 Cup coconut oil
4-5 drops of lavender essential oil
1 very small drop of violet food coloring (optional)
1. In a small mixing bowl, add sugar, and 4-5 Drops of lavender essential oil.
2. Now add violet food coloring, if desired.
3. Heat 1/3 cup of coconut oil in the microwave for 10 seconds (be careful as coconut oil heats fast, and is super hot).
4. Mix well and scoop into an 8oz mason jar or 2-4oz mason jars.
5. These make great hostess gifts!
*will keep for approximately 2 months or longer.