Christmas is here! Jingle Bells and Snowmen, the family is about to roll into town and then you have the problem of keeping everyone, including the little ones busy every minute they are at your house. Okay, that’s a little dramatic, but it’s true. About 30 seconds after they all arrive, cries of, “I’m bored!” come out of my kids mouths, I don’t know about anyone else’s kids. Here is a fun, edible Marshmallow Snowman treat that the kids will love putting together. You can set these up ahead of time and be all ready for that first distress cry. Marshmallow Snowmen are so much fun to make. You can put all the ingredients in the packages, print the labels and be ready with the icing whenever you’re ready. Be sure and check out this adorable Cheese Stick Snowman Craft and Snack too!
Marshmallow Snowman Kit and Tutorial
Ingredients (per Marshmallow Snowman kit):
1 Candy Corn
2 Mini Chocolate Chips
3 Chocolate Chips
2 Small Pretzel Sticks
1 Tablespoon White Frosting
Additional Materials Needed:
Portion-size Snack Size Bags
Printable (best results if printed on white cardstock)
Directions to assemble kits:
1. For each snowman kit, place required amount of all ingredients except frosting and candy corn in a sandwich bag.
2. To make candy corn look like a carrot: cut off the yellow and white sections. Roll orange candy between two fingers, and pinch end to form a tip. Place candy corn “carrot” in the bag with other ingredients.
3. Spoon one tablespoon of white frosting into a snack size bag. Cut off the top of the bag and fold down twice and tape closed. Place small bag of frosting in each sandwich bag kit.
4. Print and cut out kit labels and fold in half horizontally.
5. Cut off the top of each sandwich bag kit. Place a printed kit label over the top of the bag and attach it by stapling the sides.
Directions to build snowman:
1. Place a thin layer of white frosting on the tops (flat side) of two marshmallows. Using one frosted marshmallow as the base (frosted layer facing up), place the second frosted marshmallow on top (again frosted layer facing up). Complete the snowman body by placing the unfrosting marshmallow on top.
2. Stick a pretzel stick into each side of the middle marshmallow, angled upwards.
3. Place a thin layer of frosting onto each mini chocolate chip and place on the top marshmallow for eyes.
4. Push the “carrot” nose into the center of the top marshmallow.
5. Place a thin layer of frosting onto each regular sized chocolate chip and stick them down the center of the snowman as buttons.
Check out these 10 scrumptious snowman snacks!