Broken crayons are the worst! I never want to throw them out, but, they are hard to use and I always end up buying more. Well, this DIY is the greatest solution ever for all those broken crayons. These adorable DIY Melted Crayon Flowers are so easy to do and a great craft for kids to help with! Let them help you gather the crayons and place them in the tray. They will be amazed at the cute flowers they turn into! Melting down the broken crayons and making swirly, sweet, flower shaped crayons will also be awesome for the craft room, a child’s playroom or as a gift, wrapped up in cute paper!
DIY Melted Crayon Flowers
21 crayons (3 of each: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, and white)
Flower shaped silicone mold
You will also need:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. To remove the wrappers from your crayons, carefully score the crayon wrapper from top to bottom and the wrapper should slide right off.
3. Break your crayons into several difference pieces, or use up all those old broken crayons you have sitting around.
4. Place your crayons inside the flower molds, place your red on one side then going to orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, and white.
5. Place your mold in the oven, cook for about 8-10 minutes.
6. Carefully take your mold out of the oven, and set on a flat surface in the freezer for around 20 minutes, or until your crayons are cool and solid.
7. Carefully remove the crayons from your molds and they are ready to use!
Makes 6 fun Flower Crayons.